1. Information We Collect About You
Smartylink collects the information you provide directly to us via the Services, certain technical information automatically when you use our Services, and when other sources (i.e., third parties) provide it to us. As explained below, some of the information we collect may identify you personally (whether alone or in combination). This is considered personal information.
A. Information You Provide To Us
There are several opportunities for you to provide or disclose personal information directly to us via the Services. The decision of whether to provide the information to us belongs to you. If you prefer not to disclose the information, you will still be able to utilize the Services, but may not be able to utilize all aspects of them. The information you choose to provide to us will either be processed with your affirmative consent, pursuant to a contractual necessity, or in furtherance of our legitimate business interests.
Profile Information: We collect information about you when you create or modify your profile, set preferences, and sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. For example, depending on the Service, you may have the option of adding a display name, profile photo, age, gender, geographic information and other details to your profile information to be displayed in the Service.
The content you provide through our products: We collect and store content that you send, receive, and share when you use the Services. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Examples of content we collect and store include but are not limited to: your email address, when you choose to give it to us; the messages you post, exchange or reply in message boards, forums, or chat areas, including in certain Services, the information you provide in connection with a survey or contest; all projects, screenshots, videos, assets and any feedback you provide to us. Content also includes the files and links you upload to the Services, including art you create and share with us and other users in our Services, and pictures and audio recordings you upload. We also collect content you submit to our websites, which include social media or social networking websites operated by us (e.g., our Facebook pages). For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, activities, or events.
Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include our customer services and technical support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team (or our third-party service providers), you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue. You may upload photos and voice messages to customer service. Whatever information you provide will be used solely to address your request for support.
Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase certain paid Services. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We collect certain information automatically from and about the device(s) you utilize to access the Services and your use of the Services. Specifically, we and/or our third-party service providers collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of device, operating system, browser type, language settings, device IDs, mobile advertising IDs (e.g., for Android users, the GPS ADID also known as the “Google Play Services ID for Android”), MAC address, GSSF ID, usage data (including the features of the Services you use, and when and how often you use the Services), URLs of referring/exit pages, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference to approximate your location (i.e., country and, at times, city) to provide you with a better experience, and in some of our Services, we also collect precise geolocation data from your device (i.e., street-level).
C. Information We Receive From Other Sources
We receive information about you from other Service users, from third-party services, from our related companies, and from our business and channel partners.
Other Partners: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with our Services and online advertisements.
Depending on the Services that you are using, some of the information listed above may not be collected. However, when this information is collected, we consider it to be in furtherance of our legitimate business interests.
2. When We Disclose Your Information
Smartylink discloses information about you to the below third parties. We do so to further our legitimate business interests.
· Service Providers and Experts. Smartylink shares your information, including personal information, with our third-party service providers and Experts, which may include agents, vendors, experts, developers, and consultants, among others. Service providers assist us with operating the Services and provide us with other services, including marketing and promotional services. Some of these third-party service providers are necessary to provide you with the Services, perform services requested by you, and prevent and address fraud, in which case we also share information with them to fulfill our contractual obligations.
· Advertising Partners. We may share your information, including advertising IDs, with third parties who help us market the Services, including providing you with advertisements.
· Other Partners. Depending on the Service, we may share your information, including personal information, with our partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products or the products of our partners, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
· Mergers or Acquisition. In the event of, or during negotiations of, an actual or proposed merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, sale of a line of business, or other similar events, your information may be shared with or transferred to Smartylink’s successors or assigns or other third parties involved in the event.
· Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information, including your personal data, to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requests. We may also share your information in connection with an investigation of fraud, harassment, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal, a violation of our policies, or may expose you or us to legal liability. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Services, or a third party. We may share this information pursuant to a legal and/or contractual obligation, or vital interest.
3. Third-Party Links
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or other online services. Smartylink is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of any other websites or online services, or for the actions of the companies responsible for those websites and online services. Please review the privacy policies of those websites or online services before providing them with any personal information.
4. Publicly Posted Information
Whenever you publicly post personal information online (for example on message boards, public profiles, and in chat areas), that information is stored by us and becomes publicly available, subject to the collection and use of third parties (e.g., other users). Smartylink is not responsible for the subsequent use of that information by third parties. Please take caution whenever you disclose personal information in a public manner. If you encounter any Smartylink user who is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
Smartylink takes reasonable steps to help protect the security and integrity of any personal information you provide to us. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information through the Services. If we learn that your personal information has been compromised by a data breach, we will notify you consistent with applicable laws.
Please also keep in mind that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
6. Your Privacy Rights
You may have the right to know how your personal information will be collected, processed, stored, and used; access, update, and request the deletion of information you have previously provided to us; request a portable copy of your personal information; withdraw previously provided consent; and object to our processing of your personal information, including for direct marketing and profiling purposes. In addition, you have the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information for purposes of targeted or interest-based advertising at any time.
DO NOT TRACK
7. Data Retention Policy
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, support business operations, and continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
9. Contact Us